Cedar Ridge, Grullablue, grullo, grulla, blue roan, quarter horses, AQHA, reining, Hancock, Blue Valentine, Hollywood Dunit, Topsail

 

Peppy Marguarita

Line-bred Peppy San  (18.75% Peppy San, 21.27% AGR)
96.8% NFQHA


Silvery / Light Slate Grulla mare
Pictures don't do Peppy justice. She's way prettier in person!

  • 1999 grullo mare

  • Ultrasounded in foal to Spin Whiz Me for 2014. Foal has a 75% chance of being grullo, 12.5% red dun, 12.5% dunalino.

  • ~14.3+ hands

  • Peppy is a cute, catty, cutting/reining-type mare. She is out of a 15.1 hh coal black granddaughter of Peppy San and sired by a grulla stallion who goes back to Peppy San, Jessie James and Poco Bueno. She has at least 6 crosses to Leo, 3 to Joe Reed, 2 to Peppy San, 1 Poco Bueno, 4 to King, and more good horses.  She is straight legged, short backed and has a short head. Both parents are FQHA registered.

  • In April of 2000, a full brother to her sold (as a 3 year old) for $14,500 at Triangle Sales' auction in Oklahoma.  He was a top-10 horse there, and they usually have 500 to 700 horses each time.  Another full brother, Sunny Peppy Pine, has his ROM in dun factor in IBHA, placed in the Top Ten at the 2002 IBHA World Show in reining, was 2002 Reserve Circuit Champion at the Gateway to the World Show, and as of October 1, 2002 was tied for 4th nationally in reining in IBHA.  He was also the 2002 Open and Amateur Reining Champion at the Colorado State Fair.  In 2003, he has already earned Circuit Champion in Amateur Reining and also earned 5 seconds and one third in Open at the Colorful Colorado Show.

  • Peppy's dam is a really nice big mare with a huge hip and deep heartgirth. She was unshown, but was broke as a two year old and used on a ranch in Colorado before beginning her broodmare career as a four year old. She was sired by Peppy Sun Deck who also sired Peppys Top Deck who has sired Cutting, Reining, and Team Penning money winners and a Yearling Reserve Champion Halter Stallion at the Colorado State Fair.

  • DNA tested NEGATIVE for GBED, PSSM1, HYPP, MH; HERDA N/Hrd. We plan to test any foals Peppy has for this before offering them for sale. Combination Panel Test.

  • Her sire was only shown one time AQHA at the Denver Stock Show. He had been sent to a reining trainer and took 4th out of a class of 16 at his first and only show.  

  • Branded on left hip


Due to foal any day (above), 2010.

silver grullo quarter horse  silver grullo quarter horse   silver grullo quarter horse
 

Year of Birth Suitability Genetic Information Riding Experience Breeding Status
1999 Cutting, reining, roping, ranch, broodmare Grullo.
Negative for PSSM1, GBED. HERDA N/Hrd
Was not broke due to an injury, but is now sound and could be trained. Click here to see our yearly foal pages.
A new window will open.

 

SIRE side of pedigree   Peppy Sun Deck 1975
       1105602 bay
     H- 0.0  P- 1.0 NCHA $ earner, sire of NCHA $ earners
Peppy San 1959
       0114978 sorrel
     H- 26.0  P- 180.0 
NCHA World Champion, NCHA and AQHA Hall of Fame NCHA LTE-$49,478.40. '65 Superiro CUT; '63 AQHA Champ, '67 1st NCHA World Champ.; '67 1st High Pt CUT Stallion; '68 2nd NCHA Non-Pro O Finals; AQHA & NCHA Hall Of Fame
  Peppys Top Deck 1989
       2892055 grullo       
  Upper Deck Lady 1969
       0615669 bay
66 5 0 0 1 $ 81  Race $ earner, dam of Cutting $ earners   
  LA Plata Sunlight 1976
       1183265 red dun       
Jessie Blackburn 1969
       0679703 bay  Sire of Perf. ROM, Cutting $ earnings     
Peppy Plan 1992
       3131062 grullo 2 y/o Colorado State Fair Halter Champion.
10 IBHA reining points.
Sire of IBHA Top 10 World Reiner, Dun Factor ROM earner, Colorado State Fair Reining Champion--Open and Amateur      
  Lady Dun Cash 1967
       0520544 dun       
  Poco Smokey too 1980
       1662804 dun  Sire of Performance Pt earners     
Poco Plan 1964
       0318815 dun       
  Expensive Ginger 1987
       2622583 dun       
Lous Flame 1976
       1202326 bay       
  Expensive Style 1970
       0780385 black       
Paceron's Aledo 1960
       0197586 brown
95 30 4 0 8 $ 2,039     
    Expensive Lady 1958
       0187594 sorrel       
 
DAM side of pedigree   Peppy San 1959
       0114978 sorrel
     H- 26.0  P- 180.0
NCHA World Champion, NCHA and AQHA Hall of Fame NCHA LTE-$49,478.40. '65 Superiro CUT; '63 AQHA Champ, '67 1st NCHA World Champ.; '67 1st High Pt CUT Stallion; '68 2nd NCHA Non-Pro O Finals; AQHA & NCHA Hall Of Fame
Leo San 1949
       0020113 sorrel
     H- 0.0  P- 1.0 NCHA and AQHA Hall of Fame, sire of AQHA World Champions
NCHA $ Earner; Superior Performance Offspring. ROM Performance Offspring. Race ROM Offspring. NCHA Money-earners, $209,153.21. Race Money-earners. AQHA Offspring Record. Total Points Earned: 3,168; Halter Points Earned: 1,671; Superior Halter Awards: 13; Performance Points Earned: 1,497;  Performance ROMS: 35; Superior Performance Awards: 8; . AQHA Champions: 9; World Championships: 1; High Point Wins: 2; . Total Superior Awards: 21; Total ROM's: 35;
  Peppy Sun Deck 1975
       1105602 bay
     H- 0.0  P- 1.0
NCHA COA. Sire of NCHA earners
Peppy Belle 1955
       0054365 sorrel Dam of World Champion, Cutting $ earners, Halter and Perf. point earners
  Upper Deck Lady 1969
       0615669 bay
66 5 0 0 1 $ 81   Race $ earner, dam of Cutting $ earners  
Upper Deck 1964
       0426076 brown
95 30 4 0 4 $ 3,404     Race ROM, sire of Performance ROM
Peppy Sunrise 1991
       3008462 black Dam of IBHA Top 10 World Reiner, Dun Factor ROM earner, Colorado State Fair Reining Champion--Open and Amateur      
  Adams' Bay Lady 1963
       0245759 bay
75 15 3 1 0 $ 365  Race $ earner   
  Mr Sir Pep 1962
       0213269 sorrel Sire of World Champion, Sire of Cutting and Race money earners      
Thirsty 1952
       0035573 sorrel
75 6 0 1 3 $ 250     
  Miss Thirsty Pep 1979
       1551348 bay       
Little Lou Pep 1952
       0044265 sorrel       
  MS Stylish Pep 1975
       1128440 bay       
Mr Sir Pep 1962
       0213269 sorrel Sire of World Champion, Sire of Cutting and Race money earners      
    Susie Q Hudson 1970
       0753416 sorrel       

Peppy's pedigree includes:

AQHA Hall Of Fame: Joe Reed, Joe Reed II, King, Peter McCue, Poco Bueno, Leo, Peppy San, Oklahoma Star, Top Deck (TB), Old Sorrel, Traveler, Joe Hancock
AQHA / NCHA Hall Of Fame Sires: Leo San, Zantanon, John Wilkins, Hickory Bill, Dan Tucker, Solis, Dennis Reed, Joe Blair, Equestrian, Three Stars
King Ranch & Weiscamp Bred, & other Legends: Peppy, Spot Cash, Skipper W, Nick Shoemaker, Yellow Jacket, Old Fred, San Siemon, Plaudit, Little Joe, Nick, Sheik, Cash Customer, Bert, Cowboy, Reed McCue, Flying Bob, Macanudo, Lock's Rondo, Thirsty, Jessie James, Harmon Baker, Little Richard, Gold Digger, Ranchero, Texas Chief, Skipper's Smoke

PEPPY MARGUARITA M, 1999

 
Horse Inbreeding Stats Crosses Lines Blood% Influence AGR
PEPPY SAN 4S x 3D 2 2 (2) (0) 18.75% 3x4 21.27%
MR SIR PEP 3d x 4d 2 2 (0) (2) 18.75% 3x4 21.62%
UPPER DECK LADY 4S x 3D 2 2 (2) (0) 18.75% 3x4 19.25%
LEO5 6S x 8S x 5D x 5D x 6D x 6D 6 4 (4) (0) 11.33% 4x5 13.77%
JOE REED II 7S x 8S x 9S x 6D x 7D x 6D x 7D x 7D 8 2 (2) (0) 6.84% 5x5 8.54%*
JOE REED 8S x 8s x 9S x 9S x 7D x 7d x 8D x 7D x 7d x 8D x 8d x 8D x 8d x 8D 14 4 (3) (1) 6.64% 5x5 6.84%*
KING6 8S x 6S x 7S x 9s x 6d x 7d 6 4 (3) (1) 5.27% 5x6 5.86%*
DIPSYDOODLE MILLIGAN 8S x 5D x 6D 3 2 (2) (0) 5.08% 5x6 6.74%
ZANTANON2 8S x 9S x 7S x 8S x 7D x 7D x 8D 7 2 (2) (0) 3.71% 6x6 3.81%*
OLD SORREL 8S x 9S x 7D x 8D x 8D x 9D x 9D x 9d x 9D x 9D 10 5 (4) (1) 3.13% 6x6 3.52%*
LITTLE JOE3 9S x 8S x 8S x 9s x 9S x 9s x 8D x 8D x 9D 9 4 (2) (2) 2.54% < 6x6 0.78%*
LITTLE RICHARD2 8s x 7d x 7D x 8D 4 2 (1) (1) 2.34% < 6x6 3.52%
LUCKY MOSE MARE2 9S x 8s x 8D x 7d x 8D x 9D 6 2 (1) (1) 2.34% < 6x6 1.17%*
HICKORY BILL2 9S x 9S x 8s x 8D x 8D x 9D x 9D x 9D 8 4 (3) (1) 2.15% < 6x6 0.39%*
SORREL MARE 9S x 8S x 8D x 7D 4 2 (2) (0) 1.76% < 6x6 1.17%*
CHICARO 8s x 8S x 9S x 7d 4 2 (1) (1) 1.76% < 6x6 1.76%*
SKIPPER W 7S x 7S 2 2 (2) (0) 1.56% < 6x6 1.56%
8 Generation Coefficient of Inbreeding: 3.76415252685547%

Peppy's Foals

Silver grulla mare     

Pedigree research courtesy of  www.qhd.com, www.aqha.com, and www.dmtc.com.

This page last updated 09/09/13
If you notice this date being 2 years or older, please let us know that we need to check out this page!

Home    Horses For Sale    Stallions    Mares    Foals    Blog    Color Genetics   Riding Horses    Site Map    Contact Us


Toni Perdew       Bedford, Iowa
info@grullablue.com
712-370-0851 cell, before 9 p.m. CST  (NO telemarketer calls)

PLEASE
do not call us on the phone with color inquiries for your own horses.
See link to the Color Pages if you have a question about your own horse or foal's color.

Web design by CR Equine Sites.
All rights reserved. Graphics are watermarked for copyright protection.


Terms of Use